Mary Chadbourne has been with Nationwide Children's Hospital since 2004. She has developed the Therapeutic Recreation Program on the Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant unit. She continues to specialize in serving this population, with an emphasis in the bone marrow transplant area. Mary started out her career working in a maximum security psychiatric forensic unit, creating and implementing recreational programs. In addition, Mary has extensive years of experience working in the behavioral health and substance abuse inpatient hospital setting.
Awards, Honors & Organizations
- Employee of the Month, Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2011
- Employee of the Quarter, Division of Clinical Therapies, Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2010
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, 1984 - Present
- Member, American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- Member, Ohio Recreational Therapy Association