Marc P. Michalsky, MD, is Professor of Clinical Surgery and Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine and serves as Surgical Director for the Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition at Nationwide Children's Hospital: the first and only free-standing adolescent bariatric surgery center in the U.S. to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program ( MBSAQIP).
As an MBSAQIP verified surgeon, Dr. Michalsky meets the highest standards of surgical quality and safety. He also conducts MBSAQIP site surveys on behalf of the American College of Surgeons. In addition, Dr. Michalsky serves as a clinical investigator on several National Institutes of Health (NIH)-sponsored research initiatives examining outcomes following surgical weight reduction in the severly obese adolescent population.
Dr. Michalsky's team currently performs gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and adjustable gastric banding on severely obese adolescents.
To learn more about bariatric surgery, visit https://healthyweight.nationwidechildrens.org.
To read Dr. Michalsky's blog posts on U.S. News & World Report visit http://www.usnews.com/topics/author/marc-michalsky-md.
- Top Doctor Pediatric Surgery, Columbus Monthly, 2018
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2018
- Top Doctor Pediatric Surgery, Columbus Monthly, 2017
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2017
- Top Doctor Pediatric Surgery, Columbus Monthly, 2016
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2016
- Service from the Heart Teamwork Award, Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2015
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2015
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2014
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD, 2013
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 05/28/2004
- General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
|Fellowship||Nationwide Children's Hospital||Date Completed: 06/30/2000|
|Residency||Nationwide Children's Hospital||Date Completed: 06/30/2002|
|Residency||Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School||Date Completed: 06/30/1999|
|Medical School||Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School||Date Completed: 05/20/1992|
National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Disease (NIDDK)
Adolescent Bariatrics: Assessing Health Benefits and Risks or the Teen-Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (Teen-LABS), Principal Investigator