Kathryn Milks, MD, is the section chief of pediatric musculoskeletal imaging and interventions at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. She completed radiology residency at Wake Forest Medical Center in North Carolina in 2015 and returned to her home state of Ohio for a diagnostic pediatric radiology fellowship at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. She went on do an additional elective year of training in pediatric musculoskeletal radiology with a focus on image-guided musculoskeletal interventions. She spent the last two months of fellowship training with leaders in the field of pediatric musculoskeletal radiology at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. She started as faculty radiologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in 2017.
Kathryn has specific clinical interest and training in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and image guided joint injections and aspirations. She also has experience treating ganglion cysts and administering steroid injection for the diagnosis and treatment of painful hip conditions including athletic injuries, juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), and cerebral palsy.
Her research interests include the use of magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) of skeletal muscle as an imaging biomarker in muscular dystrophy. She is also interested in early postnatal characterization of thumb hypoplasia by ultrasound and how this can aid in surgical planning.
- First Place Award Recipient, Electronic Educational Exhibit, Division of Obstetric Ultrasound: Fetal Anomalies Category, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) National Meeting, 2015
- Pennell Pro Humanitate Vitae Scholar Fund Recipient, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2014
- Dean’s Leadership Hendrix Medical Scholar, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2008
- Columbus Medical Association, Community Service Awardee, 2007
- Honor Society Member, Landacre, 2007
- Award Recipient, Pfizer Research Symposium, 2007
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 07/01/2016
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Pediatric Radiology
|Fellowship||Nationwide Children's Hospital||Date Completed: 06/30/2016|
|Residency||Wake Forest School of Medicine||Date Completed: 06/30/2015|
|Internship||Riverside Methodist Hospital||Date Completed: 06/22/2011|
|Medical School||Ohio State University College of Medicine||Date Completed: 06/30/2010|