- 2018 Academic Dermatology Leadership Program (ADLP) and the 2018 Leadership Forum, American Academy of Dermatology, 2017
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA) Faculty Inductee, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2017
- Lisa Grandinetti Memorial Lecture Speaker, Cleveland Dermatological Society, 2016
- Plenary Session Speaker, American Academy of Dermatology Summer Meeting, 2014
- Leadership Award, Cleveland Clinic, Institute of Plastic Surgery and Dermatology, 2010
- Newborn Nursery Resident of the Year, Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital, 2007
- Graduation with Honors, University of Costa Rica Medical School, 2004
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2017 - Present
- Member, Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance, 2015 - Present
- Member, Ohio Dermatological Association, 2014 - Present
- Member, American Academy of Dermatology, 2011 - Present
- Member, Society for Pediatric Dermatology, 2010 - Present
- Chief Resident, Cleveland Clinic, Department of Dermatology, 2009 - 2010
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 09/01/2011
- Pediatric Dermatology
|Fellowship||Childrens Memorial Hospital (Chicago)||Date Completed: 06/30/2011|
|Fellowship||Cleveland Clinic||Date Completed: 08/09/2006|
|Residency||Cleveland Clinic||Date Completed: 06/30/2010|
|Medical School||Universidad de Costa Rica||Date Completed: 02/12/2004|
Retrospective Cohort Study of Ulcerated Hemangiomas, Principal Investigator
Multicenter, retrospective cohort study of ulcerated hemangiomas to determine the efficacy of treatment interventions and identify prognostic indicators.
Investigation of Pediatric Onset Discoid Lupus (DLE), Principal Investigator (multiple PI)
Multicenter, retrospective cohort study of pediatric patients with discoid lupus erythematosus to determine the characteristics of patients with DLE and the risk of progression into systemic disease.
The Positive Predictive Value of Hemangioma Location for Risk of PHACE Syndrome: a retrospective analysis, Principal Investigator (multiple PI)
The goal of this study is to determine the predictive value of clinical features of facial hemangiomas in relation to the risk for PHACE syndrome.
Incidence of Severe Side Effects Associated with Initiating Oral Propranolol at 2 mg/kg for Infantile Hemangiomas, Principal Investigator
The goal of this study is to analyze the safety data on starting propranolol at the goal therapeutic dose without dose escalation.
Giant Molluscum Contagiosum in Immigrant African Pediatric Population, Principal Investigator
This is a retrospective study of to describe a particular clinical presentation of a common viral cutaneous infection in the immigrant African population.
Psoriasis or psoriasiform eruptions in the pediatric population undergoing anti-TNF-alpha therapy: A multi-center, retrospective case series., Principal Investigator (multiple PI)
Multicenter retrospective study to quantify the relationship between TNF-α inhibitors and psoriatic and/or psoriasiform eruptions in the pediatric population, and to describe the natural history and response to treatment of these eruptions.
Incidence of Significant Cardiovascular Events during Holter Monitor Placement for Initiation of Propranolol for Infantile Hemangioma., Principal Investigator
The goal of this study was to determine the utility of Holter monitoring in the management of infantile hemangiomas with propranolol.