New Employee Resources
Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital! We are happy to have you as part of our staff.
To complete the selection process, all candidates will be asked to complete a full background investigation and a pre-employment health assessment. This portion of the process will be scheduled through the Talent Acquisition office and will take approximately 90 minutes. A representative from Talent Acquisition will schedule the appointment for you.
The background check will include reference checking and a criminal background search complete with finger printing. Your health assessment will include a urine drug screen, review of past and current health history, review of current medications, height/weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure.
We will review your immunizations and will re-vaccinate if needed. In addition, a TB test will be done through blood work.
Resources For New Hires
Please review the resources linked below.
- Health Assessment Screening Requirements
- Online Health Assessment
- Online Health Assessment Hazardous Drugs (clinical and non-clinical new hires who prepare, administer, transport, or dispose of hazardous drugs)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Instructions)
- Health Assessment Location and Parking
Additional Resources For New Hires Who Are Minors
Your parent or guardian will need to complete the forms listed below.
- Minor Employee Consent Form - Drug Test
- Minor Employee Consent Form - Immunization, TB, and X-Ray
- These records can be obtained from your school.
Please review the following information and documents prior to your first day of orientation.