Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital! We are happy to have you as part of our staff.
To complete the selection process, all candidates will be asked to complete a full background investigation and a pre-employment health assessment. This portion of the process will be scheduled through the Talent Acquisition office and will take approximately 90 minutes. A representative from Talent Acquisition will schedule the appointment for you.
The background check will include reference checking and a criminal background search complete with finger printing. Your health assessment will include a urine drug screen, review of past and current health history, review of current medications, height/weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure.
We will review your immunizations and will re-vaccinate if needed. In addition, a TB test will be done through blood work.
Resources For New Hires
Please review the resources linked below.
- Health Assessment Screening Requirements
- Online Health Assessment
- Online Health Assessment Hazardous Drugs (clinical and non-clinical new hires who prepare, administer, transport, or dispose of hazardous drugs)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Instructions)
- Health Assessment Location and Parking
Additional Resources For New Hires Who Are Minors
Your parent or guardian will need to complete the forms listed below.
- Minor Employee Consent Form - Drug Test
- Minor Employee Consent Form - Immunization, TB, and X-Ray
- These records can be obtained from your school.
Please review the following information and documents prior to your first day of orientation.