Our cancer team at Nationwide Children’s is committed to going above and beyond. This September, we hope you’ll join us in supporting patients in every facet of care. From research, to outcomes and quality, to collaboration, we’ll be sharing stories and resources you can use to better understand pediatric cancer and make a difference in a patient’s life.
How You Can Support Patients This Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Wear GOLD, the color of pediatric cancer awareness, throughout September to show support for patients everywhere who have previously or are currently battling cancer.
- Share your story, photos, and messages of support with Nationwide Children’s on social media, using the hashtag #cancerlauNCH. You can also use hashtags like #ChildhoodCancer, #ChildhoodCancerAwarenessMonth, and #CCAM.
- Send a message of support to patients battling cancer at Nationwide Children’s Hospital using the form below.
- Make a difference in cancer research by making a donation.
Send a Message of Support
Send a message of support to patients battling cancer at Nationwide Children's! Your message will displayed on digital boards for patients effected by cancer to see. Please keep messages to 20 words or less so they can be seen all over the hospital!
Resources for Patients and Families:
September is also the month to raise awareness for other conditions our Hematology, Oncology, and Blood & Marrow Transplant physicians treat. Learn how we are supporting and celebrating patients for each of these areas, including:
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month
- National ITP Awareness Month and National Platelets Day (Sept 25)
- National Sickle Cell Month
- Newborn Screening Awareness Month
- Read our Helping Hand outlining a Newborn screen blood test