Muscular Dystrophy Clinic
The Muscular Dystrophy Clinic at Nationwide Children's is nationally recognized for leading research and clinical care for patients with any of the muscular dystrophy types. Supported in part by the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), we provide the highest level of comprehensive care to patients from across the country.
Neurology & Neurosurgery is ranked by US News & World Report.
Nationwide Children’s is also:
- An NIH-funded Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Cooperative Research Center
- Part of the MDA’s Clinical Research Network for Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- The first Certified Duchenne Care Center by Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy(PPMD) , the leading advocacy organization working to end Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The designation recognizes centers that maintain the highest standards in clinical and sub-specialty services, rapidly apply new evidence-based knowledge, and comply with standards in clinical care established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
All Specialists in One Location
Our multidisciplinary team is the foundation of our clinic. Click here to find out what sets us apart from other programs.
We have compiled a list of Neuromuscular Disorders resources including:
- Clinical Trials
- Family Services
Physician Referral Information
The Muscular Dystrophy Clinic accepts referrals from primary care physicians and pediatric specialists from the United States and internationally. To make a referral, there are three options:
Request a Muscular Dystrophy clinic appointment (option under "Neuromuscular Disorders")
Fax a referral request to (614) 722-4000
Make a referral and schedule by phone, call (614) 722-6200 or (877) 722-6220
Conditions We Treat
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
- Oculopharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy