Ontario Close To Home Center
The pediatric expertise you count on from Nationwide Children’s Hospital is also in Ontario – bringing specialized services to the families of Richland County and beyond.
Your first call should always be to your pediatrician or family doctor who knows your child best.
- Learn about additional services offered in Richland County.
- Many additional services are available in Westerville, which is approximately 55 miles from Mansfield.
- Adult Congenital Cardiology Clinic is available at the Medical Offices at OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital.
OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
Nationwide Children’s Hospital is the pediatric partner leading OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital’s pediatric hospitalist program. Together, Mansfield Hospital and Nationwide Children’s provides expert, family-centered clinical care, including nursery, inpatient and outpatient, to neonates, children and families throughout Richland County and surrounding communities.
We are offering several summer group opportunities for your family at the Ontario Close To HomeSM Center.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below, please call (567) 307-6008 to learn more and schedule.
- ALERT group: The ALERT group is an occupational therapy-led program to foster self-regulation and emotional control. Children will learn sensory-motor strategies along with parent education to incorporate sensory concepts into everyday living. Groups are offered for children ages 6 to 11 years.
- Fine Motor Kindergarten Readiness: This group will work on improving fine motor skills such as improving pencil grip, prewriting, early writing skills, scissor skills, multi-step tasks (cut and glue) and opening containers (glue sticks, ziploc, etc.) to prepare for kindergarten. The group is appropriate for children entering kindergarten.
- Handwriting Group: This group is led by an occupational therapist and addresses early handwriting skills with children who will be entering 1st
- SMART: The SMART program is a social group program for children with disorders in communication, playing with peers and with regulating attention, movement and sensory input. Children who are preverbal, nonverbal and/or have limited language skills, as well as difficulty with sensory integration skills, are appropriate for this program. Groups are offered for ages 2 to 10 years. Learn more about the program.
- STAR: The STAR Program is a social skills group program that teaches children with High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders the fundamental social skills needed to maintain conversations and build relationships. Groups are offered for ages 4 to 13 years.
- Summer Social Skills: Our Summer Social Skills group will address social skills needed for community integration, such as turn taking, initiating conversations, waiting in lines and theatre etiquette. Children will have the opportunity to apply their learned skills by attending a sensory-friendly theatre presentation at the Renaissance Theatre. The group is offered for children entering grades 1-4.
- Time for Games!: This social group will focus on the development of age-appropriate leisure participation. Research has shown participation in leisure activities can positively impact one's self esteem, social interaction and life satisfaction. Each child will receive their own Time for Games! package on the last day. Groups are offered for children ages 6 to 11 years.