Alice Bass, MSN, APRN, CPNP-PC, is a pediatric nurse practitioner with the Advanced Illness Management (AIM) team at Nationwide Children's. Alice received her BA from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio and her MSN from Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA. She holds a sub-specialty in pediatric palliative care through her MSN program and is board certified as a pediatric nurse practitioner - primary care through PNCB.
Prior to joining Nationwide Children's, Alice was a pediatric hematology and oncology nurse. At Nationwide Children's, Alice helped initiate ELNEC-Peds education for the institution, helping to promote awareness and education on pediatric palliative care for hospital staff with over 500 nurses and other disciplines trained since 2016. She is a member of AAHPM, and has served as the pediatric SIG chair for the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) since 2017. She has a strong interest in improving clinical documentation in the field and helps co-lead the Pediatric Palliative Care Subcommittee within Epic's Palliative Care Steering Board. She is a certified epic builder (2020) and serves as the program's data coordinator, helping to review quality metrics within patient encounters in order to make real time changes to improve patient care. Alice's goals are to merge her passions to hopefully contribute to the national knowledge that can help push the field of pediatric palliative care forward.
- Recipient, Robert Wood Johnson Scholarship, Boston College, 2011
- Recipient, Robert Wood Johnson Scholarship, Boston College, 2010
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), 2012 - Present
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP), Member, 2012 - Present
- Association of Pediatric Hematology /Oncology Nurses (APHON), Member, 2012 - 2013
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 03/31/2014
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner- Primary Care
|Graduate School||Boston College of Nursing||Date Completed: 08/30/2012|