Exploring the Scientific Method and Careers in Medical Research
Expose young people (high school and undergraduate students) to the scientific method and careers in medical research.
- Discuss themes in scientific inquiry and ethics
- Explore careers in medical research
- Identify career options and steps to achieve career goals
- Create an opportunity for collegiality and social interaction among aspiring young scientists.
How to Participate
Summer 2018 classes will be held every Thursday afternoon from 4-5 p.m. beginning June 14 and ending August 2. There is no charge to attend, but registration is required. Registration for 2018 classes will be available this spring. Keep checking the link below for the class registration and brochure.
For questions, please email Community Education or call (614) 355-0589.
If you are unable to attend in person, all sessions will be posted to our On Demand Library.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Research Institute
Research II, Discovery Auditorium
700 Children’s Dr. Columbus, OH
2018 Topics Include:
- Introduction to Biomedical Research
- Learning From Our Sickest Patients
- IT and App Development in Research
- Innovation in Pediatric Practice
- Pathways Into Science
- Cutting Edge Therapeutics