Shin splints are a painful condition that affects the front and/or sides of the lower leg.
What are Shin Splints?
- Shin splints are a painful condition that affects the front and/or sides of the lower leg.
What causes Shin Splints?
- Can develop from running on uneven or hard surfaces, or a change in the surface you’re running or walking on. Often shin splints develop when the amount of activity is increased too quickly and the body does not have enough time to adapt to the increased stresses, and injury occurs.
What are the Symptoms?
- Pain at rest and/or during exercise in the front or side of the lower leg
What Can I Do to Feel Better?
When Should I See a Medical Professional?
- If the condition does not improve with rest, ice, and compression.
- If you are unsure about the severity of the condition.