Our team makes every effort to see children within 1 month of receiving a physician referral or appointment request. Most initial appointments last for several hours, and families meet with a variety of specialists who determine a diagnosis and create an individualized treatment plan on the same day. All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the initial evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
What to Bring
- Insurance card – Co-pays will be collected if required
- Medical records from another facility if applicable
- Completed forms you receive in your packet
What to Expect
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time for parking and registration.
- Based on how many providers your child needs to see, your visit may take 2 to 4 hours.
- Please be prepared with snacks or other necessities you may need. (i.e. extra diapers, formula, etc.)
- Please call (614) 722-6299 if you need to cancel, reschedule or if you have any questions.
What to Expect After You Leave
After your child's visit is completed, you will receive copies of individual reports/letters from specialty providers. The team of specialists will then meet in person to discuss your child's visit, findings, and recommendations, and then you will receive a summary letter which will provide a comprehensive and coordinated treatment plan and follow up recommendations. We welcome any feedback to make your experience better, please share with us your thoughts at any time.
If surgery is required, you will be contacted by a scheduler to coordinate the details. The scheduler can help you to understand what to expect (for example, will your child need to remain in the hospital), as well as coordinate the surgery with your insurance company.