While opioid abuse has reached epidemic proportions, it is not the only substance abused by adolescents. Nationwide Children’s Adolescent Medicine Substance Abuse Program is designed to help adolescents who are abusing a full range of substances.
Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Nurses and Medical Assistants
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Social Workers
- Peer Recovery Coach
What To Expect
- Our team conducts a formal substance abuse assessment and medical exam and determines the appropriate treatment plan as well as the best place and location for that treatment.
- Located on the Nationwide Children’s Hospital campus, Adolescent Medicine is able to care for the whole patient including basic medical care and mental health issues. Our team works in a partnership with the referring primary care physician, or we can take over all of the medical care if that is what is desired.
- We specialize in addiction treatment for adolescents providing respectful, non-judgmental, caring and youth-friendly skilled care. We have found that adolescents are comfortable coming to the Adolescent Medicine Clinic at Nationwide Children’s because kids their age come to the clinic for a wide variety of reasons.
Request an Appointment
For patients and families to make an appointment, or for physicians to make a referral, please call (614) 355-8614.