Specialists from many different disciplines will work together as a team to treat your child’s specific conditions associated with 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. Our Welcome Center and 22q staff will assist with any of your family's housing, transportation, and insurance needs.
What to Send Prior to Your Visit
IMPORTANT: Please complete the 22q Center Intake form. This helps us to customize your child's appointment. Once we receive your child’s medical records, our Geneticist will review them. The review process may take up to 2 weeks. You will then be contacted to schedule an appointment with the 22q Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Please send the 22q Center intake form to:
22q Center/Plastic Surgery Nationwide Children’s Hospital
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
Fax: (614) 355-4463
You will receive a reminder letter informing you of the date and times of each of your specialty appointments. Please note the individual clinic locations for each specialty provider. The 22q Center is located in the Main Hospital at 700 Children's Drive. Park in the underground Hospital Parking Garage directly across from the hospital main entrance. The parking garage does require a fee to exit. Parking fee payment centers are located in the parking garage. Please check-in at Crossroads registration. After registration you will take the Tower elevators to the 5th Floor.
What to Bring to Your Visit
- All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
- Insurance card – Co-pays will be collected if required
- Medical records from another facility, if applicable (the 22q Center will assist with gathering any needed medical records before your visit, when possible)
- Completed forms you receive in your 22q Center packet (release forms, questionnaires, etc).
- A copy of your child’s IEP, past neuropsychology/psychological or developmental testing, any recent speech therapy evaluation or progress reports, if applicable
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
- Recent Speech-Language evaluations or therapy reports
- Intelligence (IQ) testing and/or Neuropsychological reports
- List of current medications
What to Expect While You Are Here
- Please call (614) 722-6299 option 2, option 3,if you need to cancel, reschedule or if you have any questions.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your each of your scheduled appointment times for parking and registration.
- Based on how many providers your child needs to see, your visit may last one to five days. We will work together with the Welcome Center to coordinate any housing and transportation needs during your stay.
- Please be prepared with snacks or other necessities you may need for each visit. (i.e. extra diapers, formula, etc.)
What to Expect After You Leave
- After your child's visit is completed, you will receive copies of individual reports/letters from specialty providers. The 22q Team of specialists will then meet in person to discuss your child's visit, findings, and recommendations, and then you will receive a summary letter which will provide a comprehensive and coordinated treatment plan and follow up recommendations.
- We welcome any feedback to make your experience at the 22q Center better, please share with us your thoughts at any time.