Travis S. Gallagher, AT, ATC, received his Bachelor’s degree from Baldwin-Wallace University. He is nationally certified and licensed by the State of Ohio to practice athletic training. Prior to joining the team at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, he was a rehabilitation and outreach athletic trainer for ten years at the Cleveland Clinic.
With Nationwide Children's Sports Medicine, Travis is the Functional Rehabilitation Coordinator. He leads our rehabilitation staff and specialty programs, including Adaptive Rehab, Concussion Rehab, Functional Rehab, Video Analysis, New U (CHWN) and Play Strong programs. Travis also treats patients in the Play Strong program, which aims to return patients to an active lifestyle while overcoming or living with many types of illnesses and conditions, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, autism, and weight issues. Travis incorporates play, self-motivation, and an introduction to various physical activities (PA101) into the rehabilitation of these patients, as well as increasing fitness levels, functional movement skills and confidence.
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Member, Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association
- Member, Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association
- Member, US PLAY Coalition
- Chair, Rehabilitation Clinic Committee of National Athletic Trainers' Association's Council of Practice Advancement