Prepare for your Speech Visit
What to Bring:
- All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the initial evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present documentation or proof of guardianship.
- Insurance card
- Please bring any oral motor/feeding evaluation reports if not completed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
- Please make sure your child is hungry for the appointment.
- Please bring any feeding equipment (special bottles, cups, spoons, etc) that you use to feed your child.
- Please bring samples of food textures and fluids that your child is currently eating successfully and those food items that are difficult for your child.
- Not all sites have access to a microwave. Please plan accordingly.
- Please bring any assistive devices your child uses to effectively interact with his surroundings (eye glasses, Hearing aids, communication systems)
What to Expect:
- This visit will typically last up to 2 hours.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time for parking and registration.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel, please call (614) 722-2200
- If you are late for your appointment time, you may be asked to reschedule or return for a second visit to complete the evaluation.
- A legal guardian must remain in the building throughout the length of the evaluation.