Date: May 19, 2020 – Special Event Symposium – Advanced Pharmacology | May 20-21, 2020 – Main Conference
Location: Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center
For more information, call (614) 355-0650 or email CMEeoffice@nationwidechildrens.org.
The 2020 Neonatal/Perinatal Conference will offer a kick-off special event day focused on neonatal pharmacology. The event is appropriate for advanced practice providers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, respiratory therapists and other neonatal/perinatal healthcare clinicians. Topics include: the use of precision therapeutics; pharmacologic management of infants experiencing delirium; neuromuscular blockade; end of life care; review and updates on TPN and various lipids; and physiology and treatment of acute and chronic pulmonary hypertension. The main two-day conference will follow with comprehensive presentations covering evidence-based practices, quality improvement, and safety.
Conference brochure coming soon!
Featured Conference Speakers
Susan Wright Aucott, MD, FAAP
- Associate Director, Neonatology
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Medical Director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Topics: Alternative Birth Practices: What is the Risk; Small but Mighty: Identification and Management of Infants Born SGA
Michael Goodstein, MD, FAAP
- Division Chief, WellSpan Neonatology
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Penn State University
- Director, York Country Cribs for Kids Program
- Topics: The Challenges of Safe Sleep Transition in the Hospital and Balancing Skin to Skin Care: Sudden Expected Postnatal Collapse and Infant Falls
Tamorah R. Lewis, MD, PhD
- Neonatologist, Children's Mercy Kansas City
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine
- Topics: Precision Therapeutics in the NICU and Pain Management in the NICU and Iatrogenic Opiate Withdrawal
- Surgeon-In-Chief, Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Professor & E. Thomas Boles Chair of Pediatric Surgery, The Ohio State University
- Topics: The Womb is No Barrier: Fetal Care to Improve Perinatal and Long-term Outcome
- Medical Director of Interactive Media, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Topics: Harnessing the Power of Social Media
Conference and Hotel Accommodations
Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center
100 Green Meadows Drive
Lewis Center, OH 43035
Rooms are available at a discounted rate of $144 + tax for Single Occupancy. In order to receive this discounted rate, room reservations must be made prior to April 25, 2020 using code 178947 at the following link. Click here for reservations.
A limited number of scholarships are available to those with financial need. Applications can be sent to Kelly.Hallberg@NationwideChildrens.org. The deadline to apply for scholarships is March 12, 2020.
With paid conference registration, we invite you to submit your poster to neonatal and/or perinatal care topics. The deadline to submit posters is March 13, 2020. Submissions can be sent to Mary.Gossard@NationwideChildrens.org.