|Smear, Pinworm Prep||
Standard microscopic exam of submitted sample
|Container Type||Container Size||Specimen Volume|
Pinworm collection container with swube
Room temperature - 24 hour(s)
Refrigerated - 7 day(s)
- Collect specimen in morning immediately after awakening.
- Transport to laboratory as soon as possible
Reasons for Rejection
- Specimen not collected by Swube collection device
- Not received at proper temperature
- Not received within specified time frame
- Contaminated with stool
Ova and parasite (O&P) exam of stool not recommended for detection of pinworms (Enterobius vermicularis). Consult Laboratory Services (1-800-934-6575 or 614-722-5477) for collection device and guidelines.