|Isolator Culture, Blood||
Standard microbiologic culture media and techniques
Whole blood, Bone marrow
|Container Type||Container Size||Specimen Volume|
Room temperature - 8 hour(s)
- Collect using standard sterile technique
- Protect from cold.
- Transport to laboratory as soon as possible
Reasons for Rejection
- Not received within specified time frame
- Not received at proper temperature
- Specimen not in isolator tube
Specimen processed to recover bacterial as well as fungal pathogens, including Malassezia, Cryptococcus, Histoplasma, and Blastomyces spp.; Results reported as quantitative count; Useful to assess probability of catheter-associated infection; Isolators should be used selectively.