|C. Diff Toxin Gene by NAAT||CMI, Immunology|
|Container Type||Container Size||Specimen Volume|
|N/A||1 mL or mG|
Room temperature - 24 hour(s)
- Transport to laboratory as soon as possible
- If delay in transport greater than 1 hour, refrigerate
Reasons for Rejection
- Specimen handling other than described
- Stool received in O&P kit
- Stool received in Ecofix preservative
- Stool received in Cary-Blair medium
- Stool in diaper
- Formed or hard stool
The illumigene C. difficile assay utilizes loop-mediated amplification (LAMP) technology to detect the pathogenicity locus (PaLoc) of toxigenic Clostridium difficile. The C. difficile PaLoc is a DNA segment present in all known toxigenic C. difficile strains. The PaLoc codes for both the Toxin A and Toxin B genes, has conserved border regions and is found at the same site on the C. difficile genome for all toxigenic strains. The illumigene C. difficile assay detects the PaLoc by targeting a DNA fragment of the Toxin A gene found in all known A+B+ and A-B+ toxinotypes.
Testing of specimens collected from patients tested within the last 7 days will not be performed. Please contact the laboratory for special rare situations when retesting may be indicated.