Supported by the American Heart Association, the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) in Cardiovascular Research at Nationwide Children’s Hospital provides undergraduates with the opportunity to perform clinical and basic science research within The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital over the summer period. The goal is to expose students to active research and education programs within the areas of embryology, physiology, genetics, tissue engineering, gene therapy, clinical surgery and imaging related to the cardiovascular system, and strive to improve therapies and outcomes for pediatric heart diseases.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2018
Duration: Monday, June 12 - Friday, August 18; 40 hours per week
Number of Positions Available: 5
Stipend: Up to $4,000
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Good academic standing (GPA > 3.0)
- United States Citizen, or Foreign National holding as student, exchange, or permanent resident visa, including an F1, H1, H1B, J1, PR, TC or TN visa. Awardees must meet American Heart Association citizenship criteria throughout the entire duration of the fellowship award
- Applicants must be eligible to receive payment from Nationwide Children's prior to June 12, 2016
How to Apply
The online application is available at ri-applications.secure-platform.com/a/page/surf_overview.
- You will need to create a user account to begin the online application.
- You will also need to provide two email addresses for professional references, since these individuals will be notified to provide letters of recommendation for you.
A comprehensive listing of all eligible SURF faculty mentors at Nationwide Children's is available on the right-hand side of this website.
For questions regarding the SURF program at Nationwide Children's, please contact Joy Lincoln, PhD, at Joy.Lincoln@NationwideChildrens.org.