The Nationwide Children’s Mobile Care Center and the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile© (in partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities©) visit neighborhoods to make it easier for children and families to receive health care by having medical equipment and health care providers on board. All insurances, including Medicaid, are accepted. Common locations include schools, child care centers, churches, community events and family shelters.
Pediatric primary care services include:
- Sick appointments
- Well child checks, including sports physicals
- Asthma therapy
- Body mass index calculations and nutrition counseling
- Developmental screenings
- Vision, hearing and lead screenings
- Blood collection and point of care testing (rapid strep test, urine analysis test, HCG urine test, and hemoglobin test)
- Childhood health education and injury prevention education
- Specialty care referrals including mental health and social service referrals
- Teen health - Education on and assessment of drug, alcohol, tobacco use, pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDs
- Connection to social services including Medicaid, financial aid for medical services and social work
These services are not meant to replace your pediatrician or family doctor. When your child has any medical need, your first call should always be to your child’s pediatrician or family doctor who knows your child best.
If you'd like to schedule an event in your community or have questions about Mobile Care Center services, please leave a message at (614) 722-6208.
he Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is made possible by:
Special thanks to:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Global
- Lavin Family
- LifeLine Mobile
The generosity of sponsors and donors make it possible for the care mobile to provide pediatric services at little or no cost. If you would like to donate to help, call the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio at (614) 227-3700.