i want to
Posts by Dr. Hill on 700 Children's
Listen to Dr. Hill on PediaCast
Ivor Hill, MD, MB, ChB, is Section Chief of Gastroenterology and Director of the Celiac Disease Center at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. He is also professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Ohio State University College of Medicine.
One of the leading clinicians and researchers in childhood celiac disease, Dr. Hill has been instrumental in raising awareness of the disease in the United States. Notably, he was the chair of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) committee that developed the first evidence-based guidelines on diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease in children. This has resulted in many more people with celiac disease now being identified and treated appropriately. He has published more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals and 37 chapters in medical books.
Since 2003, Dr. Hill has consistently been listed in America’s Top Doctors, America’s Top Pediatricians, Best Doctors in America, Guide to America’s Top Gastroenterologists, and Who’s Who in Medical Science Education.
He currently serves on editorial boards for the Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition and the Journal of Pediatrics. In 2011, he received the Distinguished Service Award from NASPGHAN.
He has held prominent roles in many national organizations, including: NASPGHAN
• Chair of Training and Education Committee
• Chair of the Professional Education Committee
• Chair of the Celiac Disease Guidelines Committee
• Chair of the Ethics Committee
• Chair of the Finance Committee
• Chair of the Nominations Committee
• Secretary/Treasurer of the Society
Within the NASPGHAN Foundation (formerly the Children’s Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation)
• Executive Board Member
• Member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the GERD campaign
• Member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the celiac disease campaign
Within the American Academy of Pediatrics
• Executive Board Member of the National Conference and Exhibition Planning Group
• Executive Board Member of the Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
• Chair of the Committee on Continuing Medical Education
Within the American Board of Pediatrics
• Member and Chair elect of the Sub Board of Pediatric Gastroenterology