Each year around the holidays, Nationwide Children’s receives countless phone calls and emails from the community asking about donating toys to our patients. We will collect toys starting at our annual Toy Drive on Saturday, December 7, 2019 through Friday, December 20, 2019, at 12 pm.
Follow the signage to the drop-off area at 555 South 18th Street, (map it).
While we cannot accept food or clothing, here is a list of items we can collect:
Holiday Toy and Donation Drop Off Instructions
Can't make it to our Toy Drive on December 7th? We would still love to accept your donation to help children and families staying in the hospital over the holiday season.
Donations Can Be Received:
- 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- 9 a.m. –- 4:30 p.m. Friday
- Follow the signage to the toy drop-off area at 555 South 18th Street (map it)
- Donations must be received no later than December 20 at 12 noon.
- We cannot accept donations December 21, 2019 – January 2, 2020
Toy Donations in Large Quantities (10 boxes or more)
If you are unable to come to the December 7th Toy Drive and are bringing a large donation (approximately 10 boxes or more), please call 614-722-3635 in advance to notify us of your drop off day and time. If you are planning to bring your toys between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on December 9 you do not need to call in advance.
Please note that due to infection control and privacy issues, we do not have opportunities for donors to personally distribute donations to patient and families.
Top 10 Wish List for Toys
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin)
- Lego sets (small and medium sizes)
- Musical soothers (plastic without cloth parts)
- UNO card game
- Little Tike & Fisher Price action structures and parts, people, cars, animals & trains
- DVD's (Disney, Pixar, Teen)
- Crayola art supplies (24-pack crayons, markers, colored pencils, scissors), coloring books, craft kits
- Play-Doh and Play-Doh kits
- Amazon gift cards
For more information about our most needed items, please visit our Wish List for donations.
Gift Cards that Give
Because of your generosity, toy storage space sometimes gets limited in the hospital during the holidays. Consider the gift of gift cards in lieu of toys this holiday season. Preferred gift cards are listed below,
Gift cards can be dropped off during holiday donation hours, or mailed to:
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Attn: Family and Volunteer Services
700 Children's Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
We greatly prefer the following gift cards:
Join Us at the Toy Drive!
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. (EIN: 31-1036370).