We want your event to be a success! Here are some tools for you to use when planning your event.
1. Getting Started: planning tools to help you
Looking for fun ideas to start your own fundraiser? Read our list of ways you can help fundraise for the hospital.
Community Calendars – There are organizations throughout the community that will post your event on their public calendars.
Check out a few of the calendars below, or find your own!
Use your own personal social media channels to promote your event, and have your school and other organizations that you are a part of post or re-post.
Nationwide Children’s is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Feel free to tag us in your social media posts:
- Nationwide Children’s Foundation Facebook: www.facebook.com/NationwideChildrensHospitalFoundation
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Facebook: www.facebook.com/NationwideChildrensHospital
- Nationwide Children’s Twitter: www.twitter.com/nationwidekids
- Nationwide Children’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/nationwidekids
All other social channels: www.nationwidechildrens.org/social-media
Does your church, dance studio, or scout troop have a newsletter? Send in a letter to the editor to include your friends from other groups.
Your own school newspaper is another great way to get the word out to your classmates and teachers! You could write an article for your newspaper, do a segment for your news station, or include your event in the morning announcements.
Don’t forget about good old-fashioned snail mail! Send out a letter or invitations to friends and family to share your event ideas.
2. Register Your Event!
- Register your event here.
3. Spread the word! – Marketing Tools
- Design-your-own flier
- Click here to request promotional materials.
- Tips for promoting your event
4. Have fun! – Event Tools
5. Wrap-up: Fundraising Tips
The real champions – Nationwide Children’s Hospital patients – have shared their stories to inspire our community to support the growth of pediatric care and research at Nationwide Children’s. We invite you to share these stories or your own stories to motivate friends and family to support your cause.
Mailing a personal letter to friends and family is another way to ask for fundraising support. Sample letters can be provided to use as a guide.
- Personalize your letter by including your inspiration behind your fundraising efforts
- Include your mailing address and instructions for sending in donations
- Track and manage your fundraising progress
Throughout your fundraising journey, keep your supporters involved. Spend time on those who support you!
- Send a thank you email or a written thank-you note to your supporters
- Thank your friends and family for their support via Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Media
- After your event, send a thank you email or letter with pictures to your supporters letting them know how much you appreciate them. Include the total money raised for the event – people love to see how their gift adds up! Remind your sponsors of how important their gift is to you and the kids at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Every dollar you raise matters to the kids at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- Your fundraising efforts save lives, find cures, and give kids & families hope
- Don’t be discouraged if people choose not to donate
- Stay positive and focused on your goal!
- Surround yourself with supportive people
- Look to Patient Champions for inspiration!
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. (EIN: 31-1036370).