Your challenge: Be Kind to Yourself!
Being kind to ourselves is as important as being kind to others. When we take the time to recharge and practice positive thinking we're better parents, friends, sons an daughters, employees and community members.
Here are some ideas on how you can show yourself some kindness today.
- List the reasons you are awesome. Whether it’s groceries or a to-do list, we all make lists from time to time. Today, make a list of the things you love about yourself or things you are proud of.
- Come up with a mantra. Find a phrase that gives you confidence or motivates you. Post it in your house or at your desk at work, and repeat it. Over and over. Until you believe it. You’ve got this!
- Remind yourself that you are worth it. Maybe this is your mantra! We often forget that loving ourselves is just as important as loving others.
- Treat yourself today. Remember that it’s OK to treat yourself once in a while. Maybe it’s buying that new outfit that makes you feel confident, or simply having your favorite dessert at dinner one night.
- Schedule down time today. Between work, family, friends and everyday responsibilities, some weeks it can be hard to find a spare moment. Block time in your schedule today to do, well, nothing. Even if it’s just 10 minutes.
- Be selfish. Being selfish CAN be a good thing at times. We need to take those moments every now and then to make decisions based on what we need. If skipping that social gathering is what you need in order to recharge and take care of yourself, give yourself permission to do so. It’s OK.