(From the January 2019 Issue of MedStat)
To better support our traveling patients and families, we’re proud to announce an expansion of our Welcome Center now named Global Patient Services.
Global Patient Services creates individualized plans for our traveling patients and families and supports them throughout their care at Nationwide Children’s. To ensure accommodations are seamless and appropriate, team members account for all aspects of the patient’s experience including coordination of appointments and care, financial coordination, and any individual needs.
From arrival to a safe transition back home, our goal is to offer quality care and support that fulfills each family’s unique needs. In addition, we provide support to service lines and physicians throughout the patient’s journey.
For families traveling within the United States, we will continue to offer coordination of lodging and other concierge services. For our international patient families, we will now offer an expanded range of services including:
- Clinical triage
- Financial coordination and clearance
- Care coordination
- Concierge services
- Complete intake process prior to patient arrival
- Whole chart review
- Direct contact for families
- Ensure goals of care are being met
- Discharge care/follow up in home country
- Psychosocial assessment
- Coordination with Social Work, Ronald McDonald Housing, Interpreter Services, Immigration Coordinator, Government Relations, Revenue Cycle, and Payer Relations
Do you have a patient family traveling to Nationwide Children’s for care? Connect them to Global Patient Services via email GlobalPatientServices@NationwideChildrens.org or online at NationwideChildrens.org/Global-Patient-Services.