(From the October 2018 Issue of MedStat)
Nationwide Children’s Hospital and its medical staff are pleased to begin accepting applicants for the Medical Leadership Program (MLP) starting January 2019. MLP is an effective overview of basic leadership/management skills taught by Nationwide Children’s leaders for medical staff. The program provides a quick start for leaders who are assuming new or expanded leadership roles in the hospital, their practices and/or their community/professional associations.
- Mission & Strategic Planning
- Business Planning & Project Management
- Hospital Governance
- Overcoming Resistance to Change & Accountability
- Fostering Personal & Team Wellness
- Personal Leadership Style & Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Effectiveness
- Coaching, Mentoring & Delegation
- Conflict Management & Leadership Decision Making
- Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Imperative
- Leaving Your Leadership Legacy
Classes meet twice a month at 7 a.m. for one hour, and there are 6-7 two-hour sessions. One half-day (four-hour) workshop is offered. The sessions will begin January 2019 and end December 2019. There is a break during the month of July. CME Category 1 credit is provided. There is no cost to attend.
Interested medical staff should contact Jordan Kuntz at Jordan.Kuntz@NationwideChildrens.org or call (614) 722-4027 with their name, title and department. Final date for participant submissions is Friday, December 15.