May 9, 2019 | Stecker Auditorium | Nationwide Children’s Hospital | Columbus, OH
Dinner and networking at 5:30 p.m. | Program 6 to 8 p.m.
Live Streaming to:
- ADENA Health System, Chillicothe
- Genesis Healthcare System, Zanesville
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
- St. Rita's Hospital, Lima
Telemedicine visits are increasing, with over 200,000 visits occurring in 2017, which represents a 260% average compound growth rate in the past two years. Just what constitutes “telemedicine?” What is the current climate in Ohio? How would a primary care or regional medical group get involved (and GET PAID) to provide such services? Find the answers to these questions and more in this interactive, informational session.
See the panel of speakers for the Practice Fitness session “The State of Telemedicine in Ohio—Why Your Practice Needs to Be Prepared” below:
- Aly DeAngelo, Health Economics and Policy Team, Ohio Hospital Association
- Dr. Ujjwal Ramtekkar, MD, Associate Medical Director, Partners for Kids
- Dr. Donald Wharton, MD, Assistant Medical Director, Ohio Department of Medicaid
- Michelle Mathieu, Vice President of Network Management for Ohio and Kentucky, Aetna Insurance Company
- John Jesser, President, Live Health Online, Anthem Insurance Company
Come to learn about the changes in Ohio regarding telemedicine, new insurance benefits for telemedicine, and how to prepare your practice for these changes. A light dinner will be provided.
The Nationwide Children’s Hospital (NCH) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NCH designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.