Jennifer N. Cooper, PhD, is a principal investigator in the Center for Child Health Equity and Outcomes Research and co-director of the Center for Surgical Outcomes Research at the Abigail Wexner Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital. She is also an associate professor of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
Dr. Cooper is an epidemiologist and biostatistician with a focus on health services and comparative effectiveness research in pediatric health care, particularly pediatric surgery. Her research involves the use of large clinical and administrative databases and the use and development of novel methods in statistics and data science. Dr. Cooper also serves as a resource to Nationwide Children’s Hospital clinical researchers on the use of large databases for clinical and health services research and on the use of robust statistical methods in causal inference and machine learning.
Center for Child Health Equity and Outcomes Research
Patient-Centered Pediatric Research Program
Center for Health Equity and Outcomes Research
- Outstanding Article of the Year Award - Clinical Category, HCUP, 2021
- Travel Grant for inaugural Women in Statistics meeting, 2014
- Second Place Award for doctoral research project at Graduate School of Public Health, Dean’s Day, 2011
- Detre Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh Epidemiology Data Center, 2008
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Math (GEM) Fellowship, 2007
- Member, Academy Health, 2013 - Present
- Member, International Biometric Society-Eastern North American Region, 2011 - Present
- Member, American Statistical Association, 2011 - Present