Taking Care of the Equipment
- It is important to keep all of your supplies and equipment clean.
- After each feeding rinse all supplies with water.
- Each day, wash the extension tubes and syringes with soap and water. Do not wash equipment in a dishwasher.
- You can reuse extension sets. Throw away Farrell© bags & feeding bags every 24 hours.
- After washing, rinse the extension tubes and syringes with diluted vinegar:
- Mix 30 mL (1/8 cup) of vinegar with 125 mL (1/2 cup) of water
- Rinse well with cool water, letting the water run through the tubing
- Once per week, soak the extension tubes and syringes in full strength vinegar for about 20 minutes to help remove dried formula or food. Rinse well with plain water before using again.
- Allow supplies to dry completely open to air on a paper towel/clean surface. Once dry, store your supplies in a plastic container or plastic bag.