What is this medicine?
UREA (yoo REE uh) is used to soften thick, rough, or dry skin caused by certain skin conditions.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for external use only. Do not take by mouth. Follow the directions on the label. Do not get this medicine in or near the eyes, lips or other areas of sensitive skin. Use your medicine at regular intervals. Do not use it more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
redness or irritation that does not go away
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
mild stinging or irritation
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use any other skin products on the affected area without asking your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep in a tightly closed container. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
broken, inflamed, or burnt skin
an unusual or allergic reaction to urea, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Common Skin Disorders in Children
- Describing a Child's Skin Condition
- Noninfectious Skin Conditions
- Acetazolamide injection
- Acetazolamide sustained-release capsules
- Acetazolamide tablets
- Ammonium Lactate skin cream
- Ammonium Lactate topical lotion
- Apraclonidine eye solution
- Bacitracin; Hydrocortisone; Neomycin; Polymyxin B eye ointment
- Bacitracin, Hydrocortisone, Neomycin, Polymyxin B Topical ointment
- Betaxolol eye solution or suspension
- Betaxolol tablets
- Bimatoprost eye solution
- Bimatoprost eye solution (Eyelash Growth)
- Brimonidine eye solution
- Brimonidine topical gel
- Brinzolamide eye drops, suspension
- Carteolol eye solution
- Clobetasol Propionate Shampoo
- Clobetasol Propionate skin cream
- Clobetasol Propionate Topical foam
- Clobetasol Propionate Topical Gel
- Clobetasol Propionate topical lotion
- Clobetasol Propionate Topical Ointment
- Clobetasol Propionate Topical solution
- Clobetasol Propionate Topical solution, spray
- Describing a Skin Condition
- Desonide skin cream, lotion, or ointment
- Desonide topical foam
- Desonide topical gel
- Desoximetasone skin cream, gel or ointment
- Desoximetasone topical spray
- Diflorasone skin cream or ointment
- Dorzolamide eye solution
- Dorzolamide; Timolol eye solution
- Fluocinolone Acetonide; Aluminum Acetate Shampoo
- Fluocinolone intravitreal implant
- Fluocinolone oil ear drops
- Fluocinolone shampoo
- Fluocinolone skin cream, ointment, or topical solution
- Fluocinolone topical oil
- Flurandrenolide skin cream, ointment, or lotion
- Flurandrenolide tape
- Halobetasol skin cream, lotion, or ointment
- Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide Oral capsule
- Latanoprost eye solution
- Levobunolol eye solution
- Mannitol inhalation powder
- Mannitol injection
- Metipranolol eye solution
- Mometasone inhalation powder
- Mometasone nasal spray
- Mometasone respiratory inhalation suspension spray
- Mometasone sinus implant
- Mometasone skin cream, lotion, or ointment
- Pilocarpine eye gel
- Pilocarpine eye solution
- Pilocarpine tablets
- Timolol eye gel-forming solution
- Timolol eye solution
- Timolol tablets
- Travoprost eye solution
- Unoprostone eye solution
- Urea skin cream, gel, lotion, ointment, or nail lacquer