Selenium Sulfide skin foam or lotion
What is this medicine?
SELENIUM SULFIDE (se LEE nee um suhl fahyd) skin lotion is used to treat dandruff-like conditions, seborrhea, and psoriasis. It is also used to treat some fungal infections of the skin.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for external use only. Do not take by mouth. Shake well before using. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Wash your hands before and after use. Do not get this medicine in the eyes. If you do, rinse the eyes out with plenty of cool tap water. Avoid use of this medicine in the genital area. Do not use on inflamed or broken skin. Do not use your medicine more often than directed or for a longer period of time than ordered by your doctor or health care professional. To do so may increase the chance of side effects.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
lack of healing of the skin condition
severe redness or irritation of the skin after using this medicine
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
minor skin irritation
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use any other skin products on the affected area without telling your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take use as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
any open or inflamed areas of the skin
an unusual or allergic reaction to selenium sulfide, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not improve after two weeks.
If used on blond, bleached, tinted, grey or permed hair, rinse for at least 5 minutes to minimize the chance for hair discoloration. This medicine should not be used within 48 hours of applying hair color or permanent wave solutions.
This medicine may damage jewelry. Remove any jewelry before use.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Cradle Cap
- Tinea Versicolor in Children
- Anidulafungin injection
- Betamethasone foam
- Betamethasone injection
- Betamethasone oral solution
- Betamethasone skin cream, gel, lotion, or ointment
- Betamethasone topical spray
- Butenafine skin cream
- Ciclopirox nail solution
- Ciclopirox shampoo
- Ciclopirox skin cream or gel
- Ciclopirox skin lotion or suspension
- Clotrimazole lozenges
- Clotrimazole skin cream, lotion, or solution
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream
- Clotrimazole vaginal tablets
- Coal tar bath solution
- Coal Tar Foam
- Coal tar shampoo
- Coal Tar skin cream, lotion, or gel
- Corticotropin, ACTH Gel for Injection
- Cortisone tablets
- Dexamethasone eye drops
- Dexamethasone eye ointment
- Dexamethasone injection
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant
- Dexamethasone oral solution
- Dexamethasone tablets
- Econazole skin cream
- Econazole Topical Foam
- Fluocinolone Acetonide; Aluminum Acetate Shampoo
- Fluocinolone intravitreal implant
- Fluocinolone oil ear drops
- Fluocinolone shampoo
- Fluocinolone skin cream, ointment, or topical solution
- Fluocinolone topical oil
- Fluocinonide skin cream, gel, ointment, or topical solution
- Flurandrenolide skin cream, ointment, or lotion
- Flurandrenolide tape
- Hydrocortisone injection
- Hydrocortisone rectal aerosol foam
- Hydrocortisone rectal cream
- Hydrocortisone rectal enema
- Hydrocortisone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or solution
- Hydrocortisone suppositories
- Hydrocortisone tablets
- Hydrocortisone topical spray
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole skin cream
- Ketoconazole skin gel
- Ketoconazole tablets
- Ketoconazole Topical Foam
- Methylprednisolone Solution for Injection
- Methylprednisolone Suspension for Injection
- Methylprednisolone tablets
- Miconazole aerosol powder or liquid
- Miconazole buccal tablet
- Miconazole skin cream
- Miconazole skin gel, lotion, ointment, or solution
- Miconazole Topical powder
- Miconazole vaginal cream
- Miconazole vaginal suppository
- Miconazole vaginal suppository and cream combination
- Oxiconazole skin cream
- Oxiconazole skin lotion
- Prednisolone eye solution or suspension
- Prednisolone oral disintegrating tablet
- Prednisolone oral solution or syrup
- Prednisolone oral suspension
- Prednisolone tablets
- Prednisone delayed-release tablets
- Prednisone oral solution
- Prednisone tablets
- Selenium Sulfide shampoo
- Selenium tablets
- Selenium tablets, yeast derived
- Sodium Thiosulfate; Salicylic Acid skin lotion
- Sulconazole skin cream
- Sulconazole skin lotion
- Sulfacetamide eye ointment
- Sulfacetamide eye solution
- Sulfacetamide skin cream, gel, lotion, or suspension
- Sulfacetamide skin foam
- Sulfacetamide skin wash
- Sulfacetamide Sodium, Sulfur Topical foam
- Sulfacetamide; Sulfur topical skin cleanser or emulsion
- Sulfacetamide; Sulfur topical skin cream, gel, or lotion
- Sulfacetamide; sulfur topical skin foam
- Terbinafine oral granules
- Terbinafine skin cream, gel, or topical solution
- Terbinafine tablets
- Tolnaftate skin cream, gel, solution, or spray
- Tolnaftate skin powder
- Triamcinolone dental paste
- Triamcinolone injection
- Triamcinolone nasal spray
- Triamcinolone oral inhaler
- Triamcinolone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or aerosol
- Triamcinolone tablets