Rabeprazole delayed-release capsules
What is this medicine?
RABEPRAZOLE (ra BE pray zole) prevents the production of acid in the stomach. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How should I use this medicine?
Take this medicine by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not swallow whole, crush, or chew the granules. Open the capsule and sprinkle the granules onto a small amount of soft food like apple sauce, fruit or vegetable based baby food, or yogurt. You may also sprinkle them into a small amount of infant formula, apple juice, or a pediatric electrolyte solution. The food or liquid must be at or below room temperature. Swallow the entire mixture. Take the entire dose within 15 minutes of mixing it with food or liquid. Do not save it for later. Take the dose 30 minutes before a meal. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take more often than directed.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 1 year of age for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
bone, muscle or joint pain
chest pain or chest tightness
dark yellow or brown urine
fast, irregular heartbeat
feeling faint or lightheaded
fever or sore throat
rash on cheeks or arms that gets worse in the sun
redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
unusual bleeding or bruising
unusually weak or tired
yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this medicine?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
aminophylline or theophylline
itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole, or other prescription medicines for fungus or yeast infections
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from light and moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
low levels of magnesium in the blood
an unusual or allergic reaction to rabeprazole, esomeprazole, omeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
It can take several days before your stomach pain gets better. Check with your doctor or health care professional if your condition does not start to get better, or if it gets worse.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Digestive Disorders
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) in Children
- Helicobacter Pylori in Children
- Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers in Children
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Carbonate chewable tablets
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Carbonate oral suspension
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Hydroxide oral suspension
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Hydroxide tablets
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Trisilicate chewable tablets
- Aluminum hydroxide oral suspension
- Amoxicillin capsules or tablets
- Amoxicillin chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin; Clarithromycin; Lansoprazole tablets and capsules
- Amoxicillin extended-release tablets
- Amoxicillin oral suspension or pediatric drops
- Atropine; Hyoscyamine; Phenobarbital; Scopolamine elixir
- Atropine; Hyoscyamine; Phenobarbital; Scopolamine tablets
- Bismuth Subsalicylate; Metronidazole; Tetracycline tablets and capsules
- Chlordiazepoxide; Clidinium capsules
- Cimetidine injection
- Cimetidine oral liquid
- Cimetidine tablets
- Cisapride oral suspension
- Cisapride tablets
- Clarithromycin extended-release tablets
- Clarithromycin oral suspension
- Clarithromycin tablets
- Dexlansoprazole capsules
- Diclofenac; Misoprostol tablets
- Esomeprazole capsules
- Esomeprazole Injection
- Esomeprazole Powder for Oral suspension
- Famotidine chewable tablet
- Famotidine injection
- Famotidine oral suspension
- Famotidine tablets or gelcaps
- Glycopyrrolate inhalation powder
- Glycopyrrolate oral solution
- Glycopyrrolate tablets
- Hyoscyamine biphasic tablets or sustained-release capsules or tablets
- Hyoscyamine elixir or solution
- Hyoscyamine infant drops
- Hyoscyamine injection
- Hyoscyamine oral disintegrating tablets
- Hyoscyamine sublingual tablet
- Hyoscyamine tablets
- Lansoprazole capsules
- Lansoprazole disintegrating tablets
- Lansoprazole Injection
- Lansoprazole Oral gastro-resistant sprinkle capsule; Naproxen Oral tablet
- Lansoprazole oral suspension
- Magaldrate Oral Suspension
- Methscopolamine tablets
- Metoclopramide injection
- Metoclopramide oral disintegrating tablet
- Metoclopramide oral solution
- Metoclopramide tablets
- Metronidazole extended-release tablets
- Metronidazole injection
- Metronidazole skin gel, cream, or lotion
- Metronidazole tablets or capsules
- Metronidazole vaginal gel
- Nizatidine capsules
- Nizatidine oral solution
- Nizatidine tablets
- Omeprazole capsules (sprinkle caps) - Rx
- Omeprazole Magnesium Oral capsule, gastro-resistant
- Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate oral capsule
- Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate oral powder for suspension
- Omeprazole suspension
- Omeprazole tablets (OTC)
- Pantoprazole injection
- Pantoprazole oral suspension
- Pantoprazole tablets
- Propantheline tablets
- Rabeprazole delayed-release tablets
- Ranitidine effervescent tablets
- Ranitidine injection
- Ranitidine oral syrup
- Ranitidine tablets or capsules
- Sucralfate oral suspension
- Sucralfate tablets