Pemirolast eye solution
What is this medicine?
PEMIROLAST (pe MEER oh last) eye drops are used in the eye to prevent itching caused by allergies.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is only for use in the eye. Do not take by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Wash your hands before and after use. Shake well before using. If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using this medicine. Tilt your head back slightly and pull your lower eyelid down with your index finger to form a pouch. Try not to touch the tip of the dropper to your eye, eyelid, fingertips, or other surface. Squeeze the prescribed number of drops into the pouch. Close the eye for a few moments to spread the drops. Use your doses at regular intervals. Do not use your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
abnormal sensation in the eye
burning or stinging of the eye when drops are first put in
runny or stuffy nose
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use other eye products with this product without asking your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 25 degrees C (59 and 77 degrees F). Do not freeze. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to pemirolast, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse. You may notice decreased itching within a few days of using this medicine, but longer treatment (up to four weeks) is usually necessary.
Do not wear contact lenses if your eyes are red. Remove contact lenses before using this medicine. Wait at least 10 minutes after using the eye drops before putting in your contact lenses, because this product contains a preservative that may be absorbed by the lens. Do not use this medicine to treat irritation that is caused by your contact lenses.
To prevent eye infections, do not share any eye products, towels, washcloths or other personal care items with anyone else.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Azelastine eye solution
- Azelastine nasal spray
- Betamethasone foam
- Betamethasone injection
- Betamethasone oral solution
- Betamethasone skin cream, gel, lotion, or ointment
- Betamethasone topical spray
- Brompheniramine chewable tablets
- Brompheniramine extended-release tablets or capsules
- Brompheniramine oral liquid
- Brompheniramine oral suspension
- Chlorpheniramine extended-release tablets or capsules
- Chlorpheniramine oral solution or syrup
- Chlorpheniramine oral suspension
- Chlorpheniramine tablets
- Corticotropin, ACTH Gel for Injection
- Cortisone tablets
- Cromolyn Sodium eye solution
- Cromolyn Sodium inhalation aerosol
- Cromolyn Sodium inhalation solution
- Cromolyn Sodium nasal spray
- Cromolyn Sodium oral solution
- Cyproheptadine oral liquid
- Cyproheptadine tablets
- Dexamethasone eye drops
- Dexamethasone eye ointment
- Dexamethasone injection
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant
- Dexamethasone oral solution
- Dexamethasone tablets
- Diphenhydramine capsules or tablets
- Diphenhydramine capsules or tablets [Insomnia]
- Diphenhydramine chewable tablet
- Diphenhydramine disintegrating tablet
- Diphenhydramine disintegrating tablet (Insomnia)
- Diphenhydramine injection
- Diphenhydramine Oral Suspension
- Diphenhydramine oral syrup or elixir
- Diphenhydramine Topical
- Double Antibiotic/Corticosteroid Ophthalmic drops, suspension Ophthalmic drops, suspension Ophthalmic drops, suspension
- Emedastine eye solution
- Epinastine eye solution
- Fluorometholone eye ointment
- Fluorometholone eye suspension
- Hydrocortisone injection
- Hydrocortisone rectal aerosol foam
- Hydrocortisone rectal cream
- Hydrocortisone rectal enema
- Hydrocortisone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or solution
- Hydrocortisone suppositories
- Hydrocortisone tablets
- Hydrocortisone topical spray
- Ketorolac eye solution
- Ketorolac injection
- Ketorolac nasal spray
- Ketorolac tablets
- Levocabastine eye suspension
- Loteprednol eye ointment
- Loteprednol eye suspension
- Loteprednol ophthalmic gel
- Loteprednol; Tobramycin eye suspension
- Methylprednisolone Solution for Injection
- Methylprednisolone Suspension for Injection
- Methylprednisolone tablets
- Nedocromil eye solution
- Nedocromil inhalation aerosol
- Olopatadine eye solution
- Olopatadine nasal spray
- Prednisolone eye solution or suspension
- Prednisolone oral disintegrating tablet
- Prednisolone oral solution or syrup
- Prednisolone oral suspension
- Prednisolone tablets
- Prednisone delayed-release tablets
- Prednisone oral solution
- Prednisone tablets
- Promethazine injection
- Promethazine oral solution or syrup
- Promethazine suppositories
- Promethazine tablets
- Triamcinolone dental paste
- Triamcinolone injection
- Triamcinolone nasal spray
- Triamcinolone oral inhaler
- Triamcinolone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or aerosol
- Triamcinolone tablets