Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate oral powder for suspension
What is this medicine?
OMEPRAZOLE; SODIUM BICARBONATE (oh ME pray zol; SOE dee um bye KAR bon ate) prevents the production of acid in the stomach. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers, and inflammation of the esophagus.
How should I use this medicine?
Take this medicine by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Place the contents of the packet into a small glass containing 1 to 2 tablespoons of water before use. Mix well and drink all the liquid right away. After you drink it, add a little more water to the glass, stir, and drink immediately. Do not mix this medicine with any other liquid or food. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before a meal. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
bone, muscle or joint pain
fast, irregular heartbeat
feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
high blood pressure
rash on cheeks or arms that gets worse in the sun
redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
swelling of the ankles, legs
trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
unusual bleeding or bruising
unusually weak or tired
yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this medicine?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
antifungals like itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
antivirals like delavirdine, efavirenz, indinavir, saquinavir
certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin
medicines for anxiety, panic, and sleep like diazepam
medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
other medicines for stomach acid
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
history of low levels of calcium, magnesium, or potassium in the blood
low salt diet
an unusual reaction to omeprazole, sodium bicarbonate, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Visit your doctor for regular check ups. Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Digestive Disorders
- Gastroesophageal Reflux in Children
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) in Children
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Carbonate chewable tablets
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Carbonate oral suspension
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Hydroxide oral suspension
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Hydroxide tablets
- Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Trisilicate chewable tablets
- Aluminum hydroxide oral suspension
- Cimetidine injection
- Cimetidine oral liquid
- Cimetidine tablets
- Cisapride oral suspension
- Cisapride tablets
- Dexlansoprazole capsules
- Esomeprazole capsules
- Esomeprazole Injection
- Esomeprazole Powder for Oral suspension
- Famotidine chewable tablet
- Famotidine injection
- Famotidine oral suspension
- Famotidine tablets or gelcaps
- Lansoprazole capsules
- Lansoprazole disintegrating tablets
- Lansoprazole Injection
- Lansoprazole oral suspension
- Magaldrate Oral Suspension
- Metoclopramide injection
- Metoclopramide oral disintegrating tablet
- Metoclopramide oral solution
- Metoclopramide tablets
- Nizatidine capsules
- Nizatidine oral solution
- Nizatidine tablets
- Omeprazole capsules (sprinkle caps) - Rx
- Omeprazole Magnesium Oral capsule, gastro-resistant
- Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate oral capsule
- Omeprazole suspension
- Omeprazole tablets (OTC)
- Pantoprazole injection
- Pantoprazole oral suspension
- Pantoprazole tablets
- Rabeprazole delayed-release capsules
- Rabeprazole delayed-release tablets
- Ranitidine effervescent tablets
- Ranitidine injection
- Ranitidine oral syrup
- Ranitidine tablets or capsules
- Sucralfate oral suspension
- Sucralfate tablets