Nystatin vaginal tablets
What is this medicine?
NYSTATIN (nye STAT in) is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat yeast infections of the vagina.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is only for use in the vagina. Do not take by mouth. Wash hands before and after use. Read package directions carefully before using. For the best results use this medicine at bedtime, unless your doctor or health care professional tells you otherwise. Insert one tablet in the applicator tip. Lie on your back. Gently insert the applicator tip high in the vagina and push the plunger to release the tablet into the vagina. Gently remove the applicator. Wash the applicator well with warm water and soap. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Use this medicine for the full course prescribed by your doctor or health care professional, even if you think your condition is better. Do not stop using except on your the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
vaginal irritation, itching or burning
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use any other vaginal products without telling your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to nystatin, other foods, dyes or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not start to get better in a few days.
It is better not have sex until you have finished your treatment. You can use a condom to stop reinfection of you or your sexual partner. Your sexual partner may also need treatment.
Your clothing may get soiled. To help prevent reinfection, wear freshly washed cotton, not synthetic, panties.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Candidiasis in Children
- Thrush (Oral Candida Infection) in Children
- Amphotericin B for infusion
- Amphotericin B Liposomal Suspension for injection
- Butoconazole vaginal cream
- Caspofungin injection
- Ciclopirox nail solution
- Ciclopirox shampoo
- Ciclopirox skin cream or gel
- Ciclopirox skin lotion or suspension
- Clotrimazole lozenges
- Clotrimazole skin cream, lotion, or solution
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream
- Clotrimazole vaginal tablets
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy
- Econazole skin cream
- Econazole Topical Foam
- Fluconazole injection
- Fluconazole oral suspension
- Fluconazole tablets
- Flucytosine capsules
- Itraconazole capsules and tablets
- Itraconazole injection
- Itraconazole oral solution
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole skin cream
- Ketoconazole skin gel
- Ketoconazole tablets
- Ketoconazole Topical Foam
- Miconazole aerosol powder or liquid
- Miconazole buccal tablet
- Miconazole skin cream
- Miconazole skin gel, lotion, ointment, or solution
- Miconazole Topical powder
- Miconazole vaginal cream
- Miconazole vaginal suppository
- Miconazole vaginal suppository and cream combination
- Nystatin lozenges
- Nystatin oral suspension
- Nystatin skin cream or ointment
- Nystatin tablets
- Nystatin topical powder
- Nystatin; Triamcinolone cream or ointment
- Posaconazole injection
- Posaconazole Oral tablet, gastro-resistant
- Sulfanilamide vaginal cream
- Terconazole vaginal cream
- Terconazole vaginal suppositories
- Tioconazole vaginal ointment