Nystatin oral suspension
What is this medicine?
NYSTATIN (nye STAT in) is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections.
How should I use this medicine?
Follow the directions on the prescription label. Shake well before using. Use a specially marked dropper to measure every dose. Ask your pharmacist if you do not have one. Put one half of the dose in each side of your mouth. Swish the medicine around in your mouth and gargle. Hold your dose in your mouth for as long as you can. Swallow or spit out as directed by your doctor. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not skip doses or stop your medicine early even if you feel better. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
fast heart beat
redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
muscle aches or pains
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 25 degrees C (59 and 77 degrees F). Protect from light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to nystatin, ethylenediamine, parabens, thimerosal, other foods, dyes or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not improve or get worse. If you wear dentures talk to your doctor about how to clean them.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Candidiasis in Children
- Thrush (Oral Candida Infection) in Children
- Amphotericin B for infusion
- Amphotericin B Liposomal Suspension for injection
- Butoconazole vaginal cream
- Caspofungin injection
- Ciclopirox nail solution
- Ciclopirox shampoo
- Ciclopirox skin cream or gel
- Ciclopirox skin lotion or suspension
- Clotrimazole lozenges
- Clotrimazole skin cream, lotion, or solution
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream
- Clotrimazole vaginal tablets
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy
- Econazole skin cream
- Econazole Topical Foam
- Fluconazole injection
- Fluconazole oral suspension
- Fluconazole tablets
- Flucytosine capsules
- Itraconazole capsules and tablets
- Itraconazole injection
- Itraconazole oral solution
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole skin cream
- Ketoconazole skin gel
- Ketoconazole tablets
- Ketoconazole Topical Foam
- Miconazole aerosol powder or liquid
- Miconazole buccal tablet
- Miconazole skin cream
- Miconazole skin gel, lotion, ointment, or solution
- Miconazole Topical powder
- Miconazole vaginal cream
- Miconazole vaginal suppository
- Miconazole vaginal suppository and cream combination
- Nystatin lozenges
- Nystatin skin cream or ointment
- Nystatin tablets
- Nystatin topical powder
- Nystatin; Triamcinolone cream or ointment
- Nystatin vaginal tablets
- Posaconazole injection
- Posaconazole Oral tablet, gastro-resistant
- Sulfanilamide vaginal cream
- Terconazole vaginal cream
- Terconazole vaginal suppositories
- Tioconazole vaginal ointment