Loteprednol eye suspension
What is this medicine?
LOTEPREDNOL (loe te PRED nol) is used in the eye to treat swelling and pain caused by eye surgery. It can also treat eye redness and swelling due to allergies.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is only for use in the eye. Do not take by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Shake well before using. Wash your hands before and after use. Tilt your head back slightly, and then pull your lower eyelid down with your index finger to form a pouch. Do not to touch the tip of the dropper to your eye, fingertips, or other surface. Squeeze the prescribed number of drops into the eye pouch. Close the eye gently to spread the drops. Do not use your medicine more often than directed. Finish the full course of medicine prescribed by your doctor or health care professional even if you think your condition is better. Do not stop using except on the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
changes in vision
eye redness or swelling
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
feeling of something in the eye
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use any other eye products without asking your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 25 degrees C (59 and 77 degrees F). Do not freeze. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
any active infection
wear contact lenses
an unusual or allergic reaction to loteprednol, other corticosteroids, medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
If you wear contact lenses, ask your healthcare professional when you can wear your lenses again.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Keratitis in Children
- Azelastine eye solution
- Azelastine nasal spray
- Bacitracin; Hydrocortisone; Neomycin; Polymyxin B eye ointment
- Bacitracin, Hydrocortisone, Neomycin, Polymyxin B Topical ointment
- Betamethasone foam
- Betamethasone injection
- Betamethasone oral solution
- Betamethasone skin cream, gel, lotion, or ointment
- Betamethasone topical spray
- Brompheniramine chewable tablets
- Brompheniramine extended-release tablets or capsules
- Brompheniramine oral liquid
- Brompheniramine oral suspension
- Chlorpheniramine extended-release tablets or capsules
- Chlorpheniramine oral solution or syrup
- Chlorpheniramine oral suspension
- Chlorpheniramine tablets
- Corticotropin, ACTH Gel for Injection
- Cortisone tablets
- Cromolyn Sodium eye solution
- Cromolyn Sodium inhalation aerosol
- Cromolyn Sodium inhalation solution
- Cromolyn Sodium nasal spray
- Cromolyn Sodium oral solution
- Cyproheptadine oral liquid
- Cyproheptadine tablets
- Dexamethasone eye drops
- Dexamethasone eye ointment
- Dexamethasone injection
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant
- Dexamethasone oral solution
- Dexamethasone tablets
- Difluprednate ophthalmic emulsion
- Diphenhydramine capsules or tablets
- Diphenhydramine capsules or tablets [Insomnia]
- Diphenhydramine chewable tablet
- Diphenhydramine disintegrating tablet
- Diphenhydramine disintegrating tablet (Insomnia)
- Diphenhydramine injection
- Diphenhydramine Oral Suspension
- Diphenhydramine oral syrup or elixir
- Diphenhydramine Topical
- Double Antibiotic/Corticosteroid Ophthalmic drops, suspension Ophthalmic drops, suspension Ophthalmic drops, suspension
- Emedastine eye solution
- Epinastine eye solution
- Fluorometholone eye ointment
- Fluorometholone eye suspension
- Homatropine Hydrobromide eye solution
- Hydrocortisone injection
- Hydrocortisone rectal aerosol foam
- Hydrocortisone rectal cream
- Hydrocortisone rectal enema
- Hydrocortisone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or solution
- Hydrocortisone suppositories
- Hydrocortisone tablets
- Hydrocortisone topical spray
- Ketorolac eye solution
- Ketorolac injection
- Ketorolac nasal spray
- Ketorolac tablets
- Levocabastine eye suspension
- Loteprednol eye ointment
- Loteprednol ophthalmic gel
- Loteprednol; Tobramycin eye suspension
- Methylprednisolone Solution for Injection
- Methylprednisolone Suspension for Injection
- Methylprednisolone tablets
- Nedocromil eye solution
- Nedocromil inhalation aerosol
- Olopatadine eye solution
- Olopatadine nasal spray
- Pemirolast eye solution
- Prednisolone eye solution or suspension
- Prednisolone oral disintegrating tablet
- Prednisolone oral solution or syrup
- Prednisolone oral suspension
- Prednisolone tablets
- Prednisone delayed-release tablets
- Prednisone oral solution
- Prednisone tablets
- Promethazine injection
- Promethazine oral solution or syrup
- Promethazine suppositories
- Promethazine tablets
- Rimexolone eye solution
- Scopolamine eye solution
- Scopolamine skin patches
- Scopolamine tablets
- Triamcinolone dental paste
- Triamcinolone injection
- Triamcinolone nasal spray
- Triamcinolone oral inhaler
- Triamcinolone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or aerosol
- Triamcinolone tablets