Flavocoxid oral capsule
What is this medicine?
FLAVOCOXID is a prescription dietary supplement. It is promoted for use in osteoarthritis ('wear-and-tear' of the joints). Use of this product is not recommended. Contact your health care provider if you have questions. Serious side effects have been reported. If you have experienced any side effects or health problems while taking this product, work with your health care provider to report your symptoms to the FDA.
How should I use this medicine?
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not cut, crush, or chew. You may take this medicine with or without food. It may be best to take this medicine on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 1 hour after meals. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on skin; unusual bruising or bleeding
signs and symptoms of liver injury like dark yellow or brown urine; general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms; light-colored stools; loss of appetite; nausea; right upper belly pain; unusually weak or tired; yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
upset stomach upset
What may interact with this medicine?
aspirin or aspirin-like products
NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
What if I miss a dose?
Contact your health care provider. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
fluid retention in ankles or legs
high blood pressure
history of blood clots
history of stroke
stomach or intestinal ulcers
an unusual or allergic reaction to flavocoxid, flavonoids, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
It is recommended that you do not take this product. Contact your health care provider if you have questions. Serious side effects have been reported. If you have experienced any side effects or health problems while taking this product, work with your health care provider to report your symptoms to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This medical food is a combination of different nutrients found in fruits, plants, and vegetables. It has more of these nutrients than the normal American diet usually has. Taking a supplement does not replace the need for a balanced diet. Follow a healthy diet and exercise program.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Acetaminophen; Aspirin, ASA; Caffeine oral powder
- Acetaminophen; Aspirin, ASA; Caffeine tablets, caplets, or geltabs
- Acetaminophen biphasic or extended-release tablets
- Acetaminophen chewable tablets
- Acetaminophen effervescent tablets
- Acetaminophen oral dissolving tablet
- Acetaminophen oral infant drops
- Acetaminophen oral solution
- Acetaminophen oral suspension
- Acetaminophen rectal suppositories
- Acetaminophen solution for injection
- Acetaminophen tablets or caplets
- Aspirin, ASA chewable tablets
- Aspirin, ASA chewing gum
- Aspirin, ASA oral tablets
- Aspirin, ASA suppositories
- Capsaicin topical patch
- Celecoxib capsules
- Choline Salicylate; Magnesium Salicylate oral solution
- Choline Salicylate; Magnesium Salicylate oral tablet
- Chondroitin; Glucosamine tablets or capsules
- Diclofenac eye solution
- Diclofenac immediate-release capsules
- Diclofenac immediate-release tablets
- Diclofenac injection
- Diclofenac; Misoprostol tablets
- Diclofenac powder for oral solution
- Diclofenac skin gel
- Diclofenac skin patch
- Diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets
- Diclofenac sodium extended-release tablets
- Diclofenac sodium topical solution
- Diflunisal tablets
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Magnesium Salicylate oral tablets
- Etodolac extended release tablets
- Etodolac tablets or capsules
- Fenoprofen tablets or capsules
- Flurbiprofen eye solution
- Flurbiprofen tablets
- Glucosamine tablets and capsules
- Hydrocortisone injection
- Hydrocortisone rectal aerosol foam
- Hydrocortisone rectal cream
- Hydrocortisone rectal enema
- Hydrocortisone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or solution
- Hydrocortisone suppositories
- Hydrocortisone tablets
- Hydrocortisone topical spray
- Ibuprofen chewable tablets
- Ibuprofen injection
- Ibuprofen oral drops
- Ibuprofen oral suspension
- Ibuprofen tablets and capsules
- Indomethacin capsules
- Indomethacin extended-release capsules
- Indomethacin injection
- Indomethacin oral suspension
- Ketoprofen extended-release capsules
- Ketoprofen tablets or capsules
- Lansoprazole Oral gastro-resistant sprinkle capsule; Naproxen Oral tablet
- Magnesium Salicylate tablets
- Meloxicam capsules
- Meloxicam oral suspension
- Meloxicam tablets
- Methylprednisolone Solution for Injection
- Methylprednisolone Suspension for Injection
- Methylprednisolone tablets
- Methylsulfonylmethane, MSM Oral Dosage Forms
- Nabumetone tablets
- Naproxen and naproxen sodium oral immediate-release tablets
- Naproxen delayed-release tablets
- Naproxen oral suspension
- Naproxen Sodium oral tablet, extended-release
- Oxaprozin tablets
- Piroxicam capsules
- Prednisolone eye solution or suspension
- Prednisolone oral disintegrating tablet
- Prednisolone oral solution or syrup
- Prednisolone oral suspension
- Prednisolone tablets
- Prednisone delayed-release tablets
- Prednisone oral solution
- Prednisone tablets
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine, SAM-e oral dosage forms
- Salsalate tablets
- Sulindac tablets
- Tolmetin capsules
- Tolmetin tablets
- Triamcinolone dental paste
- Triamcinolone injection
- Triamcinolone nasal spray
- Triamcinolone oral inhaler
- Triamcinolone skin cream, ointment, lotion, or aerosol
- Triamcinolone tablets