Econazole Topical Foam
What is this medicine?
ECONAZOLE (e KON na zole) is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat certain kinds of fungal infections of the skin.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for external use only. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Wash hands before and after use. Apply enough to cover the affected skin. Do not get this medicine in your eyes. If you do, rinse out with plenty of cool tap water. Use at regular intervals. Use all of your medicine as directed even if you think you are better. Do not skip doses or stop your medicine early.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 12 years for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
skin irritation, burning, or redness
What may interact with this medicine?
This medicine may interact with the following medication:
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 20 to 25 degrees C (68 to 77 degrees F). Do not refrigerate or freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date. This medicine is flammable. Avoid exposure to heat, fire, flame, and smoking.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to econazole, other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not start to get better, or of they get worse.
Tell your doctor or health care professional if you develop sores or blisters that do not heal properly. If your skin infection returns after you stop using this medicine, contact your doctor or health care professional.
If you are using this medicine to treat athlete's foot, carefully dry the feet, especially between the toes, after bathing. Do not wear socks made from wool or synthetic materials such as rayon or nylon. Wear clean cotton socks and change them daily or more if your feet sweat a lot. Try wearing sandals or shoes that are well-ventilated. An absorbent powder such as talcum powder or an antifungal powder may be applied to the skin to keep it dry. Apply the powder to the affected skin in between applications of this medicine.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Ringworm in Children
- Tinea Versicolor in Children
- Amphotericin B for infusion
- Anidulafungin injection
- Betamethasone; Clotrimazole Lotion
- Betamethasone; Clotrimazole skin cream
- Butenafine skin cream
- Caspofungin injection
- Ciclopirox nail solution
- Ciclopirox shampoo
- Ciclopirox skin cream or gel
- Ciclopirox skin lotion or suspension
- Clotrimazole lozenges
- Clotrimazole skin cream, lotion, or solution
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream
- Clotrimazole vaginal tablets
- Econazole skin cream
- Fluconazole injection
- Fluconazole oral suspension
- Fluconazole tablets
- Flucytosine capsules
- Griseofulvin oral suspension
- Griseofulvin tablets or capsules
- Itraconazole capsules and tablets
- Itraconazole injection
- Itraconazole oral solution
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole skin cream
- Ketoconazole skin gel
- Ketoconazole tablets
- Ketoconazole Topical Foam
- Miconazole aerosol powder or liquid
- Miconazole buccal tablet
- Miconazole skin cream
- Miconazole skin gel, lotion, ointment, or solution
- Miconazole Topical powder
- Miconazole vaginal cream
- Miconazole vaginal suppository
- Miconazole vaginal suppository and cream combination
- Naftifine Skin cream or gel
- Nystatin lozenges
- Nystatin oral suspension
- Nystatin skin cream or ointment
- Nystatin tablets
- Nystatin topical powder
- Nystatin; Triamcinolone cream or ointment
- Nystatin vaginal tablets
- Oxiconazole skin cream
- Oxiconazole skin lotion
- Selenium Sulfide shampoo
- Selenium Sulfide skin foam or lotion
- Sertaconazole skin cream
- Sodium Thiosulfate; Salicylic Acid skin lotion
- Sulconazole skin cream
- Sulconazole skin lotion
- Terbinafine oral granules
- Terbinafine skin cream, gel, or topical solution
- Terbinafine tablets
- Tinea Infection
- Tioconazole vaginal ointment
- Tolnaftate skin cream, gel, solution, or spray
- Tolnaftate skin powder