What is this medicine?
CLOTRIMAZOLE (kloe TRIM a zole) is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections of the mouth.
How should I use this medicine?
Allow this medicine to dissolve slowly in your mouth. Do not chew or swallow whole. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not skip doses or stop your medicine early even if you feel better. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 3 years old for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
irritation in the mouth
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature below 30 degrees C (86 degrees F). Do not freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to clotrimazole, other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not improve or get worse.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Thrush (Oral Candida Infection) in Children
- Tinea Versicolor in Children
- Anidulafungin injection
- Betamethasone; Clotrimazole Lotion
- Betamethasone; Clotrimazole skin cream
- Butenafine skin cream
- Butoconazole vaginal cream
- Ciclopirox nail solution
- Ciclopirox shampoo
- Ciclopirox skin cream or gel
- Ciclopirox skin lotion or suspension
- Clotrimazole skin cream, lotion, or solution
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream
- Clotrimazole vaginal tablets
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy
- Econazole skin cream
- Econazole Topical Foam
- Fluconazole injection
- Fluconazole oral suspension
- Fluconazole tablets
- Griseofulvin oral suspension
- Griseofulvin tablets or capsules
- Itraconazole capsules and tablets
- Itraconazole injection
- Itraconazole oral solution
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole skin cream
- Ketoconazole skin gel
- Ketoconazole tablets
- Ketoconazole Topical Foam
- Miconazole aerosol powder or liquid
- Miconazole buccal tablet
- Miconazole skin cream
- Miconazole skin gel, lotion, ointment, or solution
- Miconazole Topical powder
- Miconazole vaginal cream
- Miconazole vaginal suppository
- Miconazole vaginal suppository and cream combination
- Naftifine Skin cream or gel
- Nystatin lozenges
- Nystatin oral suspension
- Nystatin skin cream or ointment
- Nystatin tablets
- Nystatin topical powder
- Nystatin vaginal tablets
- Oxiconazole skin cream
- Oxiconazole skin lotion
- Selenium Sulfide shampoo
- Selenium Sulfide skin foam or lotion
- Sertaconazole skin cream
- Sodium Thiosulfate; Salicylic Acid skin lotion
- Sulconazole skin cream
- Sulconazole skin lotion
- Sulfanilamide vaginal cream
- Terbinafine oral granules
- Terbinafine skin cream, gel, or topical solution
- Terbinafine tablets
- Terconazole vaginal cream
- Terconazole vaginal suppositories
- Tinea Infection
- Tioconazole vaginal ointment
- Tolnaftate skin cream, gel, solution, or spray
- Tolnaftate skin powder