Antipyrine; Benzocaine; U-Polycosanol 410 ear drops
What is this medicine?
ANTIPYRINE; BENZOCAINE; U-POLYCOSANOL 410 (an tee PYE reen; BEN zoe kane; U-POL e ko sa nol) is used to help treat ear infections and to relieve minor ear pain and itching caused by the infection. This medicine may also be used to remove excessive ear wax.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for use in the outer ear canal. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Wash hands before and after use. Warm the solution by holding the bottle in the hand for 1 to 2 minutes. Lie with the affected ear facing upward. Fill ear canal with the solution. Insert a cotton pledget moistened with medication at the ear opening. Repeat, if necessary, for the opposite ear. Do not touch the tip of the dropper to the ear, fingertips, or other surface. Do not rinse the dropper after use. Use your medicine at regular intervals. Do not use it more often than directed.
Contact your pediatrician or health care professional regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 20 and 25 degrees C (68 and 77 degrees F). Do not freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to acetic acid, antipyrine, benzocaine, u-polycosanol 410, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
This medicine is not for long-term use. Do not use for longer than directed by your prescriber or health care professional. Do not use if there is any discharge from the ear.
Online Medical Reviewer:
Date Last Reviewed: Unavailable
NOTE:This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Copyright© 2019 Elsevier
- Tympanostomy Tubes for Children
- Amoxicillin capsules or tablets
- Amoxicillin chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin; Clavulanic Acid chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin; Clavulanic Acid extended-release tablets
- Amoxicillin; Clavulanic Acid oral suspension
- Amoxicillin; Clavulanic Acid tablets
- Amoxicillin extended-release tablets
- Amoxicillin oral suspension or pediatric drops
- Ampicillin capsules
- Ampicillin injection
- Ampicillin oral suspension or pediatric drops
- Azithromycin eye solution
- Azithromycin for infusion
- Azithromycin oral suspension (extended release)
- Azithromycin oral suspension (immediate release)
- Azithromycin tablets
- Benzocaine ear solution
- Benzocaine mouth gel, ointment, solution, or dental paste
- Benzocaine Oral Lozenges
- Benzocaine Rectal ointment
- Benzocaine skin cream, ointment, solution, or spray
- Cefaclor capsules
- Cefaclor chewable tablets
- Cefaclor extended-release tablets
- Cefaclor oral suspension
- Cefdinir capsules
- Cefdinir oral suspension
- Cefixime chewable tablet
- Cefixime oral suspension
- Cefixime oral tablets or capsules
- Cefpodoxime oral suspension
- Cefpodoxime tablets
- Cefprozil oral suspension
- Cefprozil tablets
- Ceftibuten capsules
- Ceftibuten oral suspension
- Ceftriaxone injection
- Cefuroxime injection
- Cefuroxime oral suspension
- Cefuroxime tablets
- Cephalexin oral suspension
- Cephalexin tablets or capsules
- Ciprofloxacin; Dexamethasone ear suspension
- Clarithromycin extended-release tablets
- Clarithromycin oral suspension
- Clarithromycin tablets
- Erythromycin; Sulfisoxazole oral suspension
- How to Protect Your Child from Ear Infections
- Middle Ear Infection (Otitis Media) in Adults
- Ofloxacin ear solution
- Ofloxacin eye solution
- Ofloxacin tablets
- Penicillin G Potassium or Sodium Injection
- Sulfadiazine tablets
- Sulfamethoxazole; Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP injection
- Sulfamethoxazole; Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP oral suspension
- Sulfamethoxazole; Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP tablets
- Trimethoprim oral solution
- Trimethoprim tablets