Health equity and achieving best outcomes for all children of all backgrounds and identities regardless of ability to pay is central to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital mission. Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment where each employee is celebrated and affirmed, is crucial to achieving those best outcomes.
Our 2nd Annual HBCU Virtual Summit provides students at Historically Black College and Universities the opportunity to learn internships and career opportunities at one of America's largest children's hospitals.
Attend our HBCU Summit to:
- Hear directly from recruiters and leaders at Nationwide Children’s
- Learn more about our Stand Against Racism, Stand For Health Equity from our Inclusion and Culture team
- Learn more about our Summer Nurse Externship and SEARCH Intern programs.
- Attend breakout rooms to learn about our current and upcoming career opportunities within:
- Allied Health
- Behavioral Health
- Scientific Research
Attendees will also be entered into a raffle drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Must be currently enrolled at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) or an HBCU graduate currently working on graduate degree.
- If interested in nursing careers, institution must be ACEN or CCNE accredited.
- Welcome Speaker - Nadia Richardson, RN, BSN - Program Manager, Primary Care Network
- Introduction to Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Panel discussion
Myeshia D. Harmon, MHA, CCRP
Director of Clinical Research Operations, Hem/Onc/BMT and NEXT Consortium Interim Director, Clinical Research Services
Stacy Benton, MSN, RN NE-BC
Director, Clinical Services for Behavioral Health
Shanice Jackson, RN, BSN
Charge Nurse - General Medicine Unit
- Breakout sessions highlighting career opportunities
- Gift card raffle drawing
About Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Named to the Top 10 Honor Roll on U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-23 list of “Best Children’s Hospitals,” Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of America’s largest not-for-profit freestanding pediatric health care systems providing wellness, preventive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitative care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as adult patients with congenital disease. Nationwide Children’s is located in Columbus, Ohio, and has a staff of more than 14,000 providing state-of-the-art pediatric care during more than 1.6 million patient visits annually. As home to the Department of Pediatrics of The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Nationwide Children’s physicians train the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric specialists. The Abigail Wexner Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of the Top 10 National Institutes of Health-funded freestanding pediatric research facilities.