Description: This course is the foundation of the Gateway to Employment four-part training series. This course should be taken first in the series and will prepare participants to be successful students and provide tools to maximize every learning opportunity.
- Discuss strategies to enhance the learning experience
- Define habits of successful students
- How to be an effective listener
- Define SMART goals
- How to properly navigate the learning experience
- Write a personal action plan
After completion of Gateway to Employment Orientation, participants are encouraged to also attend the other three classes in the series: Working Well With Others, Customer Service and Conflict Management.