i want to
Office Practice Information:
Dr. Mousa is the Medical Director of the Center for Advanced Research in Neuromuscular Gastrointestinal Disorders (CARING) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and the Director of the Advanced Training in Gastrointestinal Motility and Functional Disorders, also at Nationwide Children’s. She is Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, and has served as the Medical Director of the Interdisciplinary Feeding Evaluation Clinic (IFEC).
Known internationally as a leading expert in pediatric motility disorders, Dr. Mousa’s key interests include swallowing disorders, gastroparesis, gastrointestinal motility and functional disorders. She is widely published on numerous research studies and clinical trials. Some notable studies include:
• Gastric pacemaker therapy for gastroparesis
• Health consequences of sleep disorders in obese children and its association with gastroesophageal reflux disease
• Acid and non-acid gastroesophageal reflux in children
• Effect of fundoplication on gastric sensory and motor functions
• Value of colonic motility in predicting the outcome of cecostomy placement in patients with severe constipation
• Prospective studies to evaluate the difference between constipated children with or without lower urinary symptoms and comparing the ambulatory and stationary colonic manometry techniques
Named among the “Best Doctors in America,” Dr. Mousa frequently presents nationally and internationally on topics related to diagnosing and treating pediatric motility disorders.