This fixation method is good for cells labeled by fluorochrome-conjugated antibodies to membrane antigens. In addition to stabilizing the scatter properties of cells it will also inactivate most biohazardous agents.
1. 2X Paraformaldehyde Stock Solution
2. 0.5% Paraformaldehyde Working Solution
3. Antibody-labeled cells in PBS+azide at a concentration of 1 million cells/ml.
1. After the last wash step in the staining protocol centrifuge the cells and remove the liquid.
2. Add 0.5 to 1.0 ml. of cold 0.5% paraformaldehyde solution and vortex to avoid clumping.
3. Store the cell suspension at 4 degrees Celsius in the dark and analyze within one week.
Flow Cytometry Core Service Request